Now that it is nearing the end of the year I thought that I would reflect on my blogging journey this year. It has been a little rough for me mental which has put a little damper on my blog. I wasn’t posting consistently especially toward the end of this year.
I started my blog back in April but didn’t really have a clear direction. I just noticed that blogging was a nice hobby to have especially as a stay-at-home mom so I decided to take the step and make one.
I started my blog for free on WordPress just to kind of test the waters and see if this is something I really wanted to do. I had the idea to make a gamer blog filled with tips and strategies on different games but realized as a mom I didn’t really have the time to play games like I use to.
So I thought, “Why don’t I just make a mom blog and talk about what I am doing with my motherhood journey?”
Related: How I chose my blog name?
So that’s what I did and I have to say I am happy that I decided to so. I have made many friends in the mom blogging community and really have been enjoying it. I now have this creative outlet that I can do at home as I take care of my daughter. I love writing so this was something I can really put my heart into. I may not be the best writer but I intend to improve it.
This year has taught me so much about the blogging world and I have picked up on many skills. Unfortunately when I started my blogging journey, I wasn’t able to invest in a good course to help get me started on my blog but I managed to teach myself how to do. I did the research and looked up what needed to be done and also was able to help others out as well.
Things definitely could have been done faster if I did purchase a course but I am also a very fast learner so once I look up something I usually got it down.
Eventually, though I did buy some courses. They were mostly during November when all the deals happened. As a frugal person, I am patient enough to wait for certain courses to go on sale before I buy them.
My consistency for this year had not been the greatest but I did try my best. My goal was to post every week and email my list when I posted. For next year I might change it a bit and email my list twice a month. I may still post weekly but will definitely be investing in a blog calendar. One that is tangible. I am more likely to commit when I have it written down.
During this year I have taken a few breaks, which contributed to my inconsistency. I honestly really needed them because I was not doing so well mentally. As a stay-at-home mom, it is so important to be able to have a bit of a break every now and again. So now on to my goals!
My Blogging Goals for 2019
- Work on Pinterest and SEO as my main source of traffic. I have been getting a bit overwhelmed with having so many social media accounts for my blog so I decided to just narrow it down to that and occasionally promote on Instagram and Facebook. It’s been a bit exhausting doing threads on Facebook lately so I will mostly focus on my page.
- Invest in a Pinterest course and an Affiliate Marketing course. I have dabbled in affiliate marketing for a bit now but really want to get serious about it if I want to actually make money from my blog. Like I mentioned above Pinterest will be one of my main sources of traffic so I would love to find a course that can help me develop some good strategies.
- Stay Consistent. It can be hard because life can get in the way sometimes but I want to make sure that I organize my content calendar and invest in a blog planner instead of just going with the flow.
- Make a Free Resouce Library. I don’t really have an incentive for my email list and wanted to make something that moms and others could find useful. I love making printables when I have the time to, so I hope to make a whole library that can be accessed for my subscribers.
- May invest in a new theme. I do like the one I have now but I would like to get one that is more customizable and cuter. Hehe.
That’s all of the blogging goals I have for 2019 for now. I hope to be able to achieve all of them. As hard as blogging can be I have found it to be such a fun learning experience and will continue to do it as long as I can. Thank you for the support and will see you next year!